Monday 1 October 2012

Update!

To all those back home reading this, hello from Canterbury! It’s been a few weeks since I have posted anything; I’ve had a hectic Fresher’s week of being involved with the Christian Union events, catching up with friends and settling into a new home, and then an equally hectic week of adjusting to new modules, lots(!) of reading and more spending time with friends.

It seems as though these two weeks have passed in a bit of a daze of exhaustion and excitement- and it is only now I seem able to collect my thoughts and update anyone interested as to how life is down South.

To put it as simply as possible, I am so glad to be back here.  I feel extremely blessed with the house I am in and the people in it. I feel that the workload will be tough, but I am going into my lectures and seminars with the right attitude this time. It’s good to be back at my church here; every week I come out of the service feeling challenged but also really encouraged. I love wandering around Canterbury’s back streets and visiting its charming pubs and cafes.

As I said recently to a close friend over a late night film, life is good right now. There is a feeling of rightness being here in every sense and though the work is hard and some things are confusing, I am excited for what’s in store over the coming year.

Excited, also, to see God at work.

Well that was a short but hopefully sweet update. Thank you to everyone back home who prayed for me last year, who sent me cards, texts and Facebook messages, who baked me caramel slice (looking at you Brian!) and generally loved me through some tough times. Your support has meant so much, and I am so so relieved I stuck out first year. It was most definitely worth it.

Hope you’re all doing well! I hope to be back with something more substantial in the near future.

Love, C. 

No comments:

Post a Comment