Monday 25 June 2012

Quick update

So as I mentioned in the last post, I now have a job. This is good, because I need both the money and the experience. However, it's full time, and therefore regularly updating my blog is a little trickier than it was when I was free and broke. I also managed to pick up some kind of stomach virus on only my second day, which is quite an achievement, I must say. Last week was either spent flat out on the sofa trying to keep my food down, or getting into the swing of office life, which isn't quite as glamorous as they make it look on shows like Mad Men, much to my disappointment. Still, I am now mostly recovered, and I'm getting used to everything the job entails.

When I started work last week I was having a hard time believing that it was all worth it (I'm sure getting my first paycheck will change my mind though), and I had to remind myself that we simply can't have it all. I am incredibly fortunate, though. Finding a summer job where I live is almost impossible. Yes the hours are long and the work is mundane, but it means I can be a bit more free with money for pretty much the first time in my life! I'm looking forward to treating myself a little- expect to see a post dedicated to raving over LUSH products in the next week or so!


I'm definitely planning to get back into a routine with my blog posting, but I'm not going to write under pressure because it won't be from the heart. So until then please bear with me.

Thank you to all who have read my blog thus far. Thank you for all your kind words, texts, and facebook messages, they mean such a lot.

Until next time, then.

C.


1 comment:

  1. Camilla I love your blog and it is so good to read it and to see what you are unto. Thanks for being so honest and for doing this! Love it. So pleased you have a job and that you realise that working in an office is not as glam as is shown on the tv. That made me laugh!

    SO nice to have you home.

    B

    ReplyDelete